Recycling v REUSE
“What’s the difference between recycling and reusing?”
It’s common practice for many large industrial companies to invest in costly recycling equipment to cater for the huge volumes of cardboard waste that they generate. These companies usually invest in an expensive baling machine where all factory generated cardboard is sent. A recycling company will then collect the baled cardboard. The company receive some remuneration and have successfully diverted their waste from landfill. But is this really helping the environment?
Let’s take a closer look at the recycling process:
- 1 After being sorted the cardboard is shredded and mixed with water and chemicals to help break down the fibres. This is known as pulping.
- 2 Pulped material is then mixed with new pulp, made from NEW wood. This means trees must be cut down to recycle cardboard.
- 3 The pulp is extensively filtered to remove any impurities. This process requires costly equipment and chemicals.
- 4 The pulped material is dried on a flat, heated conveyor belt. As the pulp dries it is passed through a machine to press out any excess water.
- 5 This produces long sheets of board which are glued together to form a new piece of cardboard.
So more trees have to be cut down, more energy and resources are required and more pollution is produced just to turn a cardboard box into… another cardboard box.
Not very environmentally friendly if you ask us!
Luckily the C4B Reuse Scheme is here to bring back some common sense!
Our process is simple:
- 1 We collect your unwanted or used cardboard boxes flat packed and secured onto wooden pallets.
- 2 We take your boxes back to our distribution hub where they are sorted, graded and counted.
- 3 When the quantity of reusable boxes has been confirmed, we pay you!
Our only costs are taken from the transportation of your boxes and from the sorting and re-stacking that goes on in our warehouse. No expensive machinery or nasty chemicals are required. This means we can pay you a high price for your waste cardboard boxes.
What’s best is that if you sell your boxes to us, you know that they will be reused, sometimes a number of times, before they are eventually ready to be recycled. This ultimately helps to preserve our environment and remember, for every tonne of cardboard that is reused instead of recycled, an incredible 34 trees are saved!
For every tonne of cardboard REUSED instead of recycled, an incredible 34 trees are saved!
Increase Revenue From Waste
When you sell your old boxes to C4B we reuse them as low cost packing boxes.
- Pay up to 300% more than traditional recyclers
- Save money by not bailing waste
- Fast Payments